Team Member & CEO Jen Shirkani
CEO / PRESIDENT OF PENUMBRA GROUP
Emotional Intelligence Speaker, Executive Coach and Published Author
Jen has spent over 25 years as a learning and development specialist, coach and speaker. Her specialty topic, emotional intelligence, is presented from a leadership perspective filled with practical strategies and immediately useable tips. Jen has worked with organizations from the Fortune 50 ($40B) to family-owned entities specializing in the application of Emotional Intelligence. She holds a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership.
She is also the author of Ego vs. EQ: How Top Leaders Beat 8 Ego Traps Using Emotional Intelligence written to help leaders help themselves. Using her experience as an executive coach, she identified the common traps that set senior executives and business owners up for failure and provides strategies for overcoming them. She is certified in several emotional intelligence assessments and has administered over 2,000 Emotional Intelligence assessments to employees in organizations across the United States.
She has been educated in communication styles, motivation theory, development coaching, principles of adult learning, and the stages of human development. She has also been certified in programs by Franklin Covey, Achieve Global, and the TRACOM Group. In addition, Jen has been a featured keynote speaker at national and regional conferences, has been a frequent guest of several national radio programs, and has been featured in Bloomberg/Businessweek, Leadership Excellence magazine, Investors Daily, ASTD.org, Fast Company, and Upstart Business Journal.
In addition to her corporate speaking events, Jen has also been a featured speaker at over 35 association conferences, including:
- Strategic HR New England Conference, 2012
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) National Conferences, 2012, 2011 and 2009
- SHRM Talent Management Conferences, 2012 and 2011
- State SHRM conferences in: Colorado, Florida, Maine, Texas and Vermont (Keynote)
- Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) National Conferences, 2011, 2007 and 2006 including being a co-presenter with Geoffrey Colvin, Senior-Editor-at-Large, FORTUNE Magazine
- State ALFA Affiliates in: Arizona, California (Keynote), Connecticut (Keynote), Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania (Keynote), and Virginia
- Hand Tools Institute National Conference, 2012
- SURFACES World Conferences, 2011, 2009 and 2008
- National Shoe Retailers Association National Conference (NSRA), 2008 and 2007